Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Sixth Week Mark

I am just in awe every day over my cute girls! Katelyn is so patient and sweet- amazing me all the time how mellow and easy she is compared to Grace as a baby. Grace is still her busy, emotional self, and keeps cracking me up with the various new things she says or comes up with to do! Everyone asks me how she is adjusting to a new sister. Honestly, for the most part she ignores her. But considering Grace didn't ever really "mother" her dolls, she most certainly is now! I walk around the house and find baby dolls tucked away on pillows or couch cushions with a blanket over them, and I recently caught Grace trying to pull Katelyn out of the baby swing so she could put her doll there instead! It's a treat to see her comforting and burping her dolls (or bunny). Sometimes Grace will come up to me and ask to be burped too. I guess she wanted more attention. :-)





Katelyn never cries when I change her diaper or clothes, and is content for the most part to lie around from room to room, wherever I happen to be- falling in and out of sleep. Her peaceful, pleasant attitude is such a blessing. She has been congested for a couple weeks now which obviously makes sleeping and eating difficult at times. I took her to the Dr. to check for an earache after an unusual fussy night, but she's fine!




By 3 weeks Katelyn needed to switch over to 3-6 month clothing for length. She is growing so fast and is currently 11 lbs 13 oz. I love that she is starting to smile now, but I still can't get any pics yet- my camera's too slow!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute, CUTE! Love the stickers all over Grace's face and I love her hair cut too! Katelyn is adorable! LOVE little babies!

Allison said...

Oh Katelyn is changing so quickly!! Six week... already?? Wow. How is life and what is the plan for the upcoming move? I would love to chat if you get some time!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

What cute pictures!!! You have such cute little girls!!