Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Two Weeks Notice

Not only is Katelyn 2 weeks old today (boy time flies when you're not pregnant)! But Jason turned in his two weeks notice last Friday.

To say this has been a very emotional decision is an understatement. It's been tormenting. But it has been a long time since I've seen Jason so excited, and I must say- his enthusiasm around the house is a nice touch. :)

Pretty much the only way I am coping with it right now is mental denial... because at least we don't have to move to Dickenson, TX (in between Houston and Galveston) for six months. And thankfully, I get to enjoy the holidays with family, and I don't have to move right away with a newborn again.

Sometimes people try to be positive (which I know is nice of them), but lets face it- even if we could afford the most beautiful million dollar home there, I still don't want to move. I'm close to family, temple square, the mountains, we've done a lot to our home to get it how we like it, and I have the best neighbor friend in the whole wide world. But it seems like every time I start to "get comfortable" Heavenly Father sends me in another direction for growth. I kind of start through it "kicking and screaming" so to speak, but it does always end up being an experience for the better. In the meantime, however, please let me cry. Because I really.... really, really, really- don't want to move!

But I told you I would keep you posted. :-)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

that's how I fealt moving to dc and then even more moving FROM dc. It's funny how things change when we least want it. I still get teary over our friends back east. There's no shame in being sad for what's now far away as long as we don't let it take us away from the present. Love ya and I wish I could see you once before you move.

Allison said...

Wow! Big changes! So if Jason is giving his two week notice now, will he have a good chunk of time off before he starts then? Or will he head to TX and start the process of getting settled and then you and the girls will follow in a few months? I am curious as to all the logistics. Give me a call if you ever need to chat!

Lisa said...

You poor girl. Here's a song for you. It's how I make it through hard things. Put it on repeat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0BKDOe3x0
Love you girl.

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I have very mixed feelings about this post...and I'm sorry to say that some of them are very selfish on my part. I'm excited for you guys to be moving on to something new and amazing for your family...but I'm very sad for me. I'm going to be loosing a friend to a faraway state and I won't get to see you very often! But I need to not be selfish. I know this will be good for you guys! We'll just need to get together A LOT over the next six months. Lots of playdates, crafty moments, and lunch times! Sound good? Sounds great to me!

Mindy said...

:(