My dear friends and family, it feels like it's been too long since I lost posted something. Or else, maybe it's that I just miss reading all your guys' posts and seeing the joys you have! My battery charger is broken, and I haven't forced myself to go through the same 3 hours of phone torture I went through a year ago to get the same replacement through my warranty. Hopefully one of these days I will be a more frequent blogger again!
Life so far has been pretty crazy. We planned to move into a lovely townhome the 1st of August after waiting 3 months to get in, only to discover last minute that not ALL utilities were included as had been said when we initially signed up. They were nice enough to give us 75% of our deposit back because of the situation (by contract we didn't deserve anything), and we informed our landlord that we intended to no longer move. Alas, they signed someone anyway, to our chagrin, and we are forced to move out. The hunt for an apartment that will do a 9 month lease and not 12 months has been vicious. We spent four hours alone yesterday responding to ads, driving around, and touring multiple apartments. House hunting is DEFINITELY not on my favorite things to do list. Evntually we found a place that was decent, even cute, and after agreeing to sign a contract that evening, the landlord called to say he decided to give it to someone else who would pay more. It felt like everything was crumbling all around us, but Jason reminded me that we needed to have some faith in someone upstairs who is notorious for opening doors. What a great reminder! Despite feeling extreme anxiety, I decided to experiment upon that.
In return, I got a phone call this morning stating the girl who "out bought" our contract signed it, but backed out. It was ours for the taking if wanted. We toured it again, and I even got to talk his price down to include internet and there's no deposit. What a lucky turn of events. Of course, I still need to sign the contract and turn it in, so keep your fingers crossed. There are such turns in the way things are these days! Jason still wants to hold out for something better, but with such competition in the apartment hunt I just went to be done with it all and feel securely assured in a place. I'll let you know whatever happens! Hope you have a great day fellow readers!!! :-)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Rach, I so know how hard that is!!! We spent 3 days looking for an apartment! I hope and pray it works out for you!
Rachel, I'm so sorry the apartment hunting is being troublesome. It's a pain. Isn't it nice to have a husband to remind you to have faith. I feel like Aaron reminds me so often. Good luck with everything and I know something will work out.
Post a Comment