This first shot was actually from our trip back to UT after moving.... I always like apple tree photos for some reason. I'm so amazed how much she's grown since then, she still looks like a baby here! :)
Feeding the ducks at Gardner village with her special friend... Grace still talks about her and can't wait to meet up again!
Holding hands at the mall....I'm going to miss shopping with you Ashley when I come to town!
Katelyn was climbing up this steep slide, then gliding back down on her stomach. I was surprised she had the physical strength to do it at the time!
Kate is OBSESSED with water. Every time someone hops in the bath or shower, she insists on getting in too. So it's no surprise that every time we visit the beach, she runs straight for the ocean!
Grace ventured close enough to the ocean to pick up shells once.... now she prefers to stay far away and dig in the dirt. She, on the other hand, has pretty much always had a fear of water.
A monumental event happened in January when Grace started going to primary.... we were finally able to get her to stop using a binky! That "big kid" transition was something tangible and really helped. She tried to get out of attending primary so she could have a binky again, but thankfully that logic lasted only 2 Sundays!
My baby girl in her first car seat.... this almost brought tears to my eyes- they grow so fast!
She's still pretty slender and can fit in the doll stroller. This was taken about 4 months ago, I believe.
After a long day of strip mall shopping, this is the best bribery for good behavior... a chance to ride in Cinderella's carriage at Chuck-e-Cheese's for 25 cents. They LOVE it!
Random... I know. I couldn't resist snapping this while I walked by. I still don't know WHY she did it. But the good news is, she's officially potty trained now... thanks Mom!!!
Grace's first attempt at painting her nails. Despite doing it behind mom's back, she was smart enough to put a towel underneath so it didn't get on the couch. I was frustrated and proud of her all at the same time, lol!
Katelyn also likes to pick the wild flowers (or weed flowers), at the beach...
Katelyn's burn from the iron on her leg. She was able to pull it down from off a high counter top I didn't think she could reach. I cried a TON, but it didn't seem to phase her at all. Luckily it's pretty much healed up.
Grace LOVES this bunny... it was a $1 toy she picked out at the store a few years ago on a whim... who knew it would become the favorite of all time?
Katelyn's personality is pretty funny. She is super mischievous, but also quite cuddly and affectionate- you can't help but just love her to pieces. It's a whole different kind of drama from Grace, but believe me- they've both got some!
Do you see that big ugly bush in the background? It's Rosemary! Everything's bigger in Texas, right? We cook quite a bit with it, or that thing would be "outta there!" I do happen to be a sucker for fresh herbs.
Our dog is afraid of the large machine that cuts grass by the canal, so Grace wrapped her up in a towel and tried to comfort her.... silly girls.
Can you tell we like the beach?!
Somebody, I won't say who, gets mauled after returning from long work trips. :) Now he gets a small taste of my own frequent night adventures.
After Grace had eye surgery this past Wednesday, I've been trying to keep her calm and occupied with lots of paper crafts.
It's been rough, but we've had a lot of mommy daughter time too. :) Hopefully her follow-up check up tomorrow will be good news.






































4 comments:
What a great update! Your girls are so adorable and you can tell you're having fun. I can't believe how big they are getting!
Finally...it's been since November Rachel...you really need to update us more! Hahaha
I LOVE the pictures! And you'll just have to come to Tennessee and we'll go shopping there in the mall that they have that has like two stores :). I miss you!
I am so glad you posted. It was so much fun to see all those pictures. I especially love the picture of Kaitlyn (sp?) in the kitchen in the white onesie with the white flower. We're excited to see you soon!
It was such fun to see your pictures! I am so glad you posted! I especially love the picture of Kaitlyn in the kitchen with the white onesie on holding the white flower. So cute! We are excited to see you soon!
Post a Comment