Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer 2011

I've neglected keeping up on posts since Jason transferred some pics off my computer, but we've gathered quite a few more from recent adventures. It's been a fun and busy summer, as usual! I was doing daycare for a while, but am currently taking a needed break. (Although I'm planning to get certified next month after painting the basement).

The three years old's were inspiring and got Grace excited to do potty training- even though I hadn't planned on it for a while. She's good at doing #2 in the potty, but we're still struggling with #1. She also learned her letters and colors a while ago, and now calls objects by their coloring instead of their respective names sometimes. Grace is CRAZY about pink. That really surprised me!

and now for photos!!!!



... nothing like a carousel at Trafalga to put a smile on this little one's face!


Silly girls! I thought it hilarious Grace crossed her legs for this picture, trying to act all lady like!


Grace LOVES swimming and playing in water so we've used the pool a lot this summer, and enjoyed trips Seven Peaks waterpark as well.

I really enjoy bike riding!


But Grace discovered this one at Kid to Kid and cried so hard to leave it, I finally purchased it. She's been riding it around the block so well nearly every day. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!



Walking the inspiring grounds of temple square and seeing the beautiful immaculate gardens and fountains is such a treat some Sunday evenings.








A trip to Colorado to visit my grandparents included good company, some much needed R&R, games, and the county fair.


We've taken a couple trips up to Logan to visit with Jason's family, and had to visit some of our favorite spots from college days. Grace loved First Dam just as much as I do, and then we stopped for delicious Aggie ice cream afterward!




Grandma Larchar is GREAT at making story books entertaining! It was nice to have them come out from New York for a while.


In August Thanksgiving pt. does $2 Tuesdays. We made it the last half hour before the park closed, and Grace LOVED playing in the water at the kids' Noah's Ark splash area. We definitely plan on going back. Too bad I didn't know about it earlier in the summer! (p.s. I am 30 weeks prego in this pic... I'm not very good at keeping track, but I do know this one)


The flower gardens at Thanksgiving point are stunning in August I've decided. This is one of my favorite areas in the park because it reminds me of Portugal. :-)





8 comments:

Heidi said...

I love all the flowers!! It makes me want to come to Utah is August! You look great, Rachel!

Julie said...

Great update! Fun pictures. Seems like you all have done some fun things!

Carrie said...

fun summer! It is crazy how fast they grow up. I hope you are feeling okay.

Shirley said...

Love the prego pics! And she is growing up so much! WOW! It all goes uphill so fast after 2. I am amazed every single day. We just went to thanksgiving point to discovery gardens and got bit a million times by mosquitoes. Did you guys have that problem? I think we might go back when they're gone in October. I am so excited for you with the new baby coming! You are a fantastic mom!

Than & Lina said...

Grace is getting so big! I can't believe that she can do some of those things. They grow up too fast, don't they? Anyway, it sounds like you've been having fun and keeping busy :)

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

You look so awesome pregnant! Oh my goodness...I just love it :). I'm so glad you did an update too...I've been wondering what's going on with you. I guess I could have just called...but it is always so much more fun to see your pictures and your adorable little Grace. It looks like your summer has been fun!

p.s. I LOVE the picture of Grace with the flowers in her hair! What a cutie :)

Whit,Tiff and B said...

Cute!

Brad said...

This is the first time in months that I've had a good chance to look at anybody's blog and I'm so glad I looked at yours! I miss you so much and it makes me sad to know I'm missing out on getting to know Grace. She is so big! And you really do look great! We think about you guys often and hope you are doing well. We love you and miss you!
-Lynette