Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

It's hard to really get a feel for the rooms in my house through pictures I've decided, what with angling and spacing issues. But for those family and friends who were interested in our recent bedroom makeover, here's an attempt at capturing it. :-)

I must say, I do love it. It's my peaceful and cheerful retreat away from everything else, which is what I was hoping to feel from creating this space. And all the kids that come over seem to want to hang out in here too. I find that interesting, and wonder if it's just the mood the different coloring emanates compared to the other darker, more autumn tones of my house. Speaking of coloring- I don't typically recommend having three entirely different wall colors in one room. Eventually we'll probably paint over the rose/mauve wall to be a matching grey or blue- but for now we just left it.






It's nice to finally have a room that describes "me" but that Jason enjoys as well. we still need to switch out the brown armoire for the black one downstairs, (we've been lazy about it). And of course the towel holding the mirror up against the wall isn't permanent. :-)

5 comments:

Julie said...

GORGEOUS!! I love it! I want to copy your room! :-) Well done!

Carrie said...

so beautiful! I get jealous of you who get to paint and redo your homes. Renting is a bummer that way. It is also fun to see what everyone does, though.

Brandy J. said...

Your room looks beautiful. I love the blue and gray!

Than & Lina said...

I love it!

Summer said...

Looks awesome Rach!