Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Getaway

On Thursday we left Utah destined for a weekend business meeting getaway....

Stopped in Las Vegas for a quick connecting flight to Arizona,


And instead, wound up in San Diego. :-)
(NOTE: Do NOT go by delayed departure times, because they will still board at the regular time and give your ticket away to standby. Then send you in the opposite direction of your goal.) It was humiliating at first to miss the first big Conference dinner, but we found San Diego to be infectious and wondered if we could possibly bump our flight to Hawaii next!


Eventually we made it to AZ at a beautiful desert resort. Much of my time consisted of taking pics
,


Reading by the pool...


and painting. The spouses were divided into groups and asked to paint a mural. This was ours (2nd runner up I believe). I painted the mountains... although they kind of look like pyramids. :-)




All while Jason was hard at work. He did win a speaker award for best presentation in the mechanical division, so I was proud of him!

Thank you to family who watched Grace while we were away!!!

6 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

So fun! Tim and I need a weekend getaway :). I LOVE San Diego. You guys need to definitely go there on vacation. I would live there if I could! We should get together again soon!

Joanna McGuire said...

That looks like a fun little getaway. Did you guys stay at the JW Starr Pass Resort in Tuscon? It looks familiar. Grace is so cute and getting so big. I just wanted to let you know I check your blog I am just horrible about commenting, so my apologies.

Shirley said...

Haha I love your San Diego pic! I'm glad you could laugh about it. :) You are looking so good by the way!

Heidi said...

Looks like such a fun time! Rachel, you look fantastic!! Especially in the picture by your beautiful mural. What a fun activity! Hope we get to see you soon!

Julie said...

You took (and painted) some great pictures! I'm glad you could escape the cold and snow for a few days to thaw out in Arizona with Jason. Congratulations to him on his award!

Carrie said...

fun! I'm glad you got to get away. You are so brave to leave Grace. We still have never left Eli anywhere over night! I love your picture. It looks great and your mountains don't look like pyramids.