The first night she loved jumping on her bed and playing around, but had a hard time when she realized she had to actually sleep in it. I stayed in bed with her and after an hour she finally zonked, only to hit her eye HARD on the rail and start screaming. I freaked out and got rid of the toddler bed, ready to try the guest bed with a safety rail after all. Fortunately for me, I have friends who blog and are more patient than I, to help convince me to give it another try. So I found another toddler bed and decided to give it 2 weeks. I grabbed a pillow and made myself a bed next to hers on the ground but she insisted on sleeping there with me instead. Then she would kick me off my pillow. Go figure. :-) So I crawled into her bed, she got back in with me, so I went to the floor. Again she followed. Sheesh!!! We wound up sleeping 3 nights on the floor, with me placing her back in the toddler bed middle of the night-ish. But you know what? She stayed asleep! Not even a week had passed and now my little girl is starting to finally sleep in the toddler bed and mom and dad have their own place again!!! Hallelujah! (Now I'll keep my fingers crossed...)
I am SOOOO grateful to my sweet blogger friends for your stories and tips as you raise your little ones. It's amazing to me how the simplest detail you might mention has been so helpful! So keep them coming! :-)

2 comments:
We got Ellie into a toddler bed too that is extremely similar. I have yet to post about it, but it will come soon. It is nice, but I hope Grace stays in the habit of staying asleep. Ellie has a good week followed by waking up at least once a night even in her own cool toddler bed. Wish you better luck and more sleep than us. :)
You can do it Rachel! If Emmy cries, I have to admit, I do let her cry it out. Maybe I'm mean, but I seriously have to have my sleep or I am not a very nice person. It never lasts more than 10 minutes though. Hopefully, the transition keeps working smoothly and easily for you. How nice to have your own bed back! Crossing my fingers for you!
Post a Comment