Thursday, January 27, 2011

Miracle Helper

A couple weeks ago someone introduced me to this... "Violet," by LeapFrog. She plays lullabies, teaches counting, and can be programmed to say your child's name. Apparently it has been helping her daughter at night. So I looked into it and discovered...

........ Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Scout: the smaller, and "male" version of this LeapFrog concept. I found him cheapest on amazon, and decided to try it out after learning that if you press the paw it will play either nature sounds, or lullabies for 10, or 20 minutes. With the toddler bed transition, I hoped it might help.
Today it FINALLY came, and Grace adores it! She cuddled with little Scout this afternoon instead of other toys, and when she went to bed, he "lullabied" her to sleep without needing me to stay by her on the floor. Can I tell you how nice it was to have my evening back? I am SOLD on this toy. Just thought I'd share. :-)

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Maybe I should message you about this! We are having a tough time with the transition, and were having a hard time even before the transition with Ryan not wanting us to leave him room until he fell asleep... sometimes hours! Send me a message on Facebook if it works! I might have to get one for Ryan.

Carrie said...

Yeah! I'm glad that it's helped. Thanks for the tip. If we ever have a problem with that, I'll have another trick up my sleeve ;)

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

What a great idea! So glad it helps Grace when she goes to bed. It really does sound like a miracle worker. Maybe I'll get one for myself :)