Jason's work party was recently at Thanksgiving point, where you can tour the gardens...
Just before Father's day Grace and I caught a ride with my dad to visit Great Grandpa and Grandma T. in Colorado! They live in a nice rural area where we could shoot pistols in a private target range, enjoy the views, and play Blokus. I finally found a game I can win at! Grace LOVES their dog Buddy. In fact every time she sees a dog now she chases after it. We always love to visit our grandparents!
I really think Jason's computer hates me. It won't let me delete this out of order picture and I gave up trying. It's from Thanksgiving pt. again. I usually don't like to post pics. of myself now that I have a lovely thing called "baby fat." But I really liked this section of garden when we were there.
He has more than mastered the art of blowing out candles in .8778 seconds. Well, if I had a stop watch I'm sure that's what it would time anyway! I have yet to see anyone do it the way he does.
Grace got a kiddie pool for her birthday on the 12th. It's been perfect for these hot temperatures lately! She loves to play in puddles and play with mud when I water the garden. She will probably LOVE Lake Powell!
Did I mention that these pics were out of order and this computer hates me? :-) In Moab we found a really cool park to stop and rest at on the way to Colorado. It is full of various chimes and xylephones to play on. SOOO cool!


So... now that I've opened all my presents can I have some cake?

This was Jason's B-day cake, made with strawberries from our garden! I have learned that putting up scare crows really does help keep the birds away!
Grace figured out pretty fast cake is yummy! I probably shouldn't have made her a chocolate cake though, because now she tries to eat mud.

She especially liked the card from Uncle Daniel and Aunt Julie, who left us and moved away to Alabama recently. I agree, they should have taken us with them!
I think she was wishing we could visit Portugal. :-) I mean, really, who WOULDN'T want to go there, right?
Much of my time now is spent gardening. Morning Glory is a constant battle, and I find tending plants to be somewhat therapeutic, and landscaping another artistic outlet. Although I do have to tone down my ambitions because money spends too easily at the Home Depot.... But at least I got some new rose bushes put in. Next summer I hope to be able to plant some lilac bushes.
Take care ya'all, and thanks for sharing in our neck of the woods!


9 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy. Happy birthdays. The TGP Gardens are beautiful! The cake you made looks awesome and yummy. I was thinking about you guys the other day (and the other day), and thought we should do something. We still should, but we can't hardly do anything with Nate back in school...
Cool pictures! It is funny how Grace is curious about mud now. She probably thinks: Gee, I didn't know this brown stuff tasted so good! That's why mommy keeps telling me not to eat it; she wants it all for herself! ;)
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Great pictures! I'm so glad Grace got a kick out of our birthday card to her! Thanks for posting that picture and giving us a little shout-out. That made my day! You have a really busy June! 2 birthdays and Fathers Day. I'm glad you had fun in Colorado. By the way, the pictures of you are great ;-)
Wow. You guys have been super busy!! Happy birthday to both Jason and Grace. I agree with you on the landscaping thing....it is my therapy!
I missed you!! I am so glad the computer let you post again! I don't even care that the pictures were out of order. Also, Happy Birthday to Jason and Grace. We can't wait to see you in a week and a half!
How fun! Way to go on the cakes. And those strawberries look amazing! It was fun to see all the pictures.
I just noticed that you had a new post! Well...new to me that is :). For some reason my blog list didn't tell me it was new, and I found it on Missy's blog! Anyway...I am jealous of the strawberries. Tim planted strawberries for me in our garden this year...and they died within just a few days of planting them. He used to much cow poop in the dirt :). So...every plant that was in the box with the strawberries died too. He was able to replace all the others, but the strawberry plants were not to be found at any stores! Much to my dismay!
It looks like June was quite a fun month for you guys! I hope all is well with you! Miss you! :)
Looks like you have had quite the busy June...but fun nonetheless :). Cute pictures, you did a great job on the cake!
I totally missed my update that you had posted. Sorry. It was so good to See you in July. I'm sorry your cruise didn't work out. I know you were probably so very excited to go. That xylophone park looks AWESOME!! Love you girl.
Post a Comment