Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eye Update

There have been some questions regarding my eye situation... in response, yesterday I went back to the doctor and he said my eyes are improving, but still need to be treated for some inflammation. So we re-filled the expensive med. for another week, and then I wait a week more before attempting contacts again. He said the important thing is to make sure we eliminate any trace of the infection, because if it returns, it comes back exponentially worse. Which explains why it was so bad the second time around. I hope never to experience it a third time! :-)

I am obviously concerned that despite some inflammation digression, my vision is worsening. It's becoming difficult to focus the way I used to, and yesterday's test revealed 20/50 vision in both eyes now, with my glasses on. A drastic change from 1.5 weeks ago. I repeated my question from last week about whether it could be permanent, or a temporary side effect, and Dr. Gray said it's most likely permanent. I forgot to ask if it was due to scarring or not.

To say the least, May was an expensive, and not so fun month, but I am optimistic this one will be better! :-) We added a baby seat onto the back of my bike so Grace and I go biking every morning and evening, which is fun exercise. She LOVES it!

Thanks so much everyone for the prayers and well wishes that have been expressed!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are amazing. Thanks for your happy update even in the face of such un-fun circumstances. Good luck!