
Today we finally got to bless Gracie and yes, I bawled through the whole thing. After giving birth I was hoping that silly crying hormone would disappear but apparently it didn't! The thought of all those priesthood holders being there for my baby somehow just touched me to the core. I am so grateful for family and the opportunity to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The priesthood is a marvelous gift and I appreciate being married to someone who can use that authority righteously to bless our family and the lives of others. It is going to be so fun to see how Grace will continue to grow and develop. Despite how hard the first six weeks were, I have truly come to love and appreciate this little diva in our lives, and it has opened my eyes more to some of the feelings my Father in Heaven probably feels for me. I know that He loves unconditionally ALL of His children here on earth and desires our happiness even though we must pass through trials throughout this journey. It is my deep desire that Grace will someday be able to feel that love as well and be able to trust in Him!
Thank you family, for coming and celebrating the addition of our daughter into our lives. We love you too!!!

5 comments:
Blessing day is such a special time! Always full of the spirit.
She is such a beautiful baby! I think she looks so much like you. She looked so cute in her blessing outfit. It does get easier after the first 6 weeks huh? It just keeps getting easier and easier or maybe we just get more used to it? :) I love your new title part to the blog. So cute!
P.S. Ryan does arch his back sometimes, but honestly I can't remember. When he did have gas he was just cranky for no reason. We just did the you're not hungry, you're not wet, you just slept, it must be gas! :) Mylicon was my friend for the first while!
Oh, how exciting! She looks so beautiful in her blessing dress! I hope that I get to meet her soon. You, I am totally sure, are just the best little mommy. How fun!
That's awesome Rachel!! Congrats! Jenny McFarland just had her baby girl blessed on Sunday too :) Best wishes for you and your beautiful family! Gracie looks like an angle in the picture :)
That is such a cute dress she has on! And I echo your sentiments on the priesthood AND how having children opens your eyes to Heavenly Father's love. It's such a great thing!
Post a Comment