Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Larchar Update

So I have this weird notion in my head that I can't post anything unless there's a cool picture with it. Maybe I'm too much of a visual person, but I decided it's about time I wrote something real anyway. :-) So sorry guys... no picture!

Anyway, we are alive and well.... it's still raining nearly every day up here.... I made it through the e-bay stage without spending too much money, and I am ecstatic that a large Hobby Lobby opened up here. My explorative habits and hobbies can now be satisfied with merely an hour trip to this store. Plus, I have officially walked out of there 4 times without buying a thing! Seriously, that place makes me exhausted! Now, lest you consider me a shop-a-holic, (Jason's philosophy is "don't go anywhere, or you'll buy something") I must say- the truth is I have a super adventurous spirit inside me. My motto is: if you can't tour the world, explore the pastry shop next to Shopko, the cute chinese wedding dress shop, and visit a small mexican grocery store. There is a lot to learn and see once you realize that store inventory changes, and all these random places offer bouts of new scenery for the "can't sit still" type of woman. Not to mention, you get to meet a lot of cool random people. Here's the pathetic secretthough... (whisper voice) Sometimes I even invent searches- like pick a random item, and then play a sort of "I spy, and who has the better deal" game with myself. Once in a while that results in a purchase, but for the most part... it's for a girl whose husband is gone a lot, and needs something to do during lunch break everyday to get out of a lonesome office. (end whispering) Ok, maybe I'm a shop-a-holic.

That my friends, is the life of Mrs. Rachel Larchar. Mr. Jason Larchar on the other hand, is doing well . After an eight hour shift, he has now helped someone fix a broken down car, and is ripping out kitchen cabinets in some apartment complex. He is working at the water lab on campus doing projects that deal with water dams, and seems to be enjoying it for the most part. Summer school should start soon, and in a couple weeks we'll be flying out to the Larchar family reunion back in New York. It is so fun to be with him a little more now that he doesn't have so much homework. We've been playing Acquire lately, and that about sums up our life.

Hope you guys are all happy, healthy, and lovin' life. I sure love to read what's going on in your lives, so thanks for being diligent little bloggers and the great friends you are! :-)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay for real life updates! Any more news on a potential job change?

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! I would love to go shopping and treasure hunting with you! But let me tell you, shopping with 2 kids is not worth it. :) Hope to see you sometime soon!