Saturday, March 29, 2008

100 Things


Ok, so this seems like it c0uld be soooo long and boring (hopefully it won't be) but a friend did this and I just had a ton of fun learning random things about her! I hope many of you readers do it too! Anyway, here are 100 random things about me!

1- I used to play the violin
2- Jason surprised me by bringing home a 20' canoe today
3- I have eaten a few bowl's full of snails
4- Since wearing braces, I've maintained the habit of not biting into food
5- I've never had a broken bone
6- My only pets growing up were fish
7- My family loves to go fishing. I stopped the year I casted a hook into my scalp.
8- I was born in Texas
9- My brother & I used to make up our own sign language & pretend to be deaf @ grocery stores
10- I used to be a member of the National Wild Turkey Federation
11-The first time I went duck hunting I used a whole box of shells and didn't get a thing!
12- Growing up we always played basketball. Sometimes I did it on rollerblades.
13- After knocking out a tooth & getting lost on a dead-end ski slope, I gave up skiing
14- My youngest sister used to call me "Nana"
15-One of my favorite jobs was working at a burrito factory
16-I once had a warrant out for my arrest. (forgot which day was traffic school & I was out river rafting)
17- Daffodils used to be my favorite flower. now I have no clue
18- I wear hats a lot
19-Mice don't scare me. There was a cute brown one in my office the other day.
20- Spiders terrify me!
22-I love to hike- but just realized I've been totally lost on 3 mtns. during my lifetime
23- munching ice is yummy!
24- I've never had a cavity
25-I am definitely accident prone, but Jason is worse!
26- Onions & acidic fruit in the same meal can make me so sick I can't walk
27- I usually get a cold with dramatic temperature inversions
28- I had hoped to serve a Portuguese speaking mission
29- If I could pick a new career I'd be a photographer, or travel agent
30- My favorite movie is the Swiss Family Robinson
31-Jason always wins when we play games together
32-Once in a blue moon I will win a game of checkers, but we always play 3 in a row.
33-I resisted dating Jason for about 6-7 months
34- "Little Men" is the sequel to "Little Women". It is my fav. book
35- I would love to have an orphanage
36- I'm trying to convince Jason it's ok for us to be foster parents
37- Every Sunday Jason falls asleep in church & I have to poke him
38- A pet peeve is when people don't put milk caps, jar lids on, etc. after using them
39- I held the record once for most girl scout cookies sold in my region
40- That allowed me to pay for a rock-climbing G.S. camp
41- My mom decided I was finally old enough to sleep over at age 9. The first time, I accidentally peed my pants. It was sooo humiliating!
42- Jason proposed to me in the Sacred Grove
43-I used to tell people the chicken pox scar on my nose is from the jewel they removed when my parents adopted me from India
44-I am a true aggie
45-Although I can't dance squat now, I used to take ballet at the U of U every day as a kid
46- I think USU gymnastics is more fun than USU basketball
47-It is difficult for me not to veer from a recipe
48- Every day Jason slides his shoes half-way under the dresser. Every day I commence to move them out of site under the bed
49-I usually sigh at the end of a laugh
50- I have followed the Mormon Trail
51- Jason helped me pick out my 1st car. That's when I started to like him.
52- The car is red. Go figure! It must've been a sign.
53- I used to make up words & pretend to sing opera
54- I still do that in the shower, only now there is a lot more Portuguese mixed in
55- A case of mono once sent me to the emergency room during the night
56- I have floated in the Great Salt Lake
57- Jason forced me on his motorcycle & now I love it. Contemplating getting my own.
58- Empty shampoo bottles can be good water guns in combat
59- I've been in a tornado
60-Last year I took Tae Kwon Do
61- The bravest thing I ever did was flips off the high dive
62- Before that, I hadn't gone off a high dive in 11 years
63- Rain makes me happy instead of depressed, it reminds me of the Azores
64- when the guys cook anything in the microwave at work, I am good at guessing what by the smell
65- Before my mission, I couldn't handle hot sauce
66- The diamond in my ring was Jason's mother's
67-My mom used to ground me from reading
68-I frequently enjoy bubble baths
69- There was an accordian player at our reception
70- If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be the Azores Islands
71- I check out www.craigslist.com everyday for good deals
72- Once I found a sand dollar in the ocean. Then a wave washed it out of my hand
73- A favorite Y.W. activity was a fashion show wearing our mom's wedding dresses
74- The 1st time my foot fell asleep I thought 1,000's of invisible ants were biting me
75-Oreos dipped entirely in white chocolate finally made it to the states. I am excited!
76-We live in an attic
77-Sometimes we open the oven to help heat our apartment
78- w/out insulation, 5' icicles grow from our roof
79- My worst Halloween costume ever was when my mother made me be a box of popcorn
80- I am allergic to invisible fungi
81- Jason is a GREAT country-swing dancer. Maybe someday he will teach me.
82- I have ridden a live elephant
83- Someday I hope to have pet peacocks
84-Jason won't let us have an indoor pet
85-Last summer I rode a tractor for the first time
86-When reading books, sometimes I take on traits of the main character accidentally
87- I started a fire in my kitchen once
88-Luckily Jason didn't know
89-It's ok to write that because I don't think Jason will read this
90-One of my legs is longer than the other
91-Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" always makes me cry
92-When Rebekah was a toddler, I curled her hair. Last week she curled mine. Flashbacks!!!
93- I love to hold & play with babies
94- Jason wants to visit Jerusalem. The middle-east scares me.
95-My legs are usually covered with bruises
96- I got my ears pierced at age 22. Now I LOVE earrings
97- Right now I am obsessed with American Idol
98-I am really bad at getting things in the mail
99-Pretty sure I have the best husband in the world
100- The thing I look forward to most is seeing my sister again, and the resurrection!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That was so fun! I love learning things about my friends. Maybe someday I'll be able to have time to do this. Someday we'll catch eachother on the phone and be able to chat! :) Talk to you later!

Joanna McGuire said...

Good Job, that is a fun one to do. I loved learning more about you, very interesting facts.