
It is now the month of love, and we have started this week out feeling enormous amounts of love. My beloved sister and best friend Catherine passed away on Feb. 3rd, the 30th anniversary of the day my dad joined the church. My family discovered this about 2:00 in the morning, and for the next six hours we sat in our living room, crying, telling stories, laughing, and supporting one another as we held her and remembered an angel in our lives. It is hard to believe she is truly gone, but we are so grateful that all her suffering has ended. As we continue our lives and reflect on the past, we remember the enormous amounts of love she shared with us despite her own trials and tribulations. We feel great love and support from people all over the world as well, in this time of mourning. Amazing how a nine year old could have affected so many people. Even the mailman had a special place in his heart for her. He remembered her birthday and brought her balloons and a teddy bear.
Thank you everyone, who has been there for us throughout this difficult. We really have felt your love, and we appreciate your friendship!
Happy February!

3 comments:
Rachel. I'm so sorry! I hadn't heard. If you ever need to talk, or another shoulder to cry on, feel free to call. However, if you need a laugh - check out my blog. :)
We are praying for you guys and your family. Love to you both!
Rachel,
I'm so sorry about Catherine! I read this blog and I gasped my usual gasp. Aaron asked what happened and I couldn't help but cry as I remembered this wonderful little girl who used to make me feel so special when I visited your house. You're in my prayers. I love you and your family!
Post a Comment